Life resembles a novel more often than novels resemble life.
Related Posts via Taxonomies
- Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young.
- Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them.
- A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called an old man for the first time.
- Truth uttered before its time is always dangerous.
- I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
- Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
- It’s better to be looked over, than overlooked.
- Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
- Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.
- A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.