Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal.
Related Posts via Taxonomies
- An armed society is a polite society.
- We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing.
- Everything that deceives may be said to enchant.
- Life is a fatal complaint, and an eminently contagious one.
- Choose the life that is most useful, and habit will make it the most agreeable.
- And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.
- Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young.
- Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others.