Art is not for the cultivated taste. It is to cultivate taste.
Related Posts via Taxonomies
- Good humor may be said to be one of the very best articles of dress one can wear in society
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.
- If you don’t understand yourself you don’t understand anybody else.
- We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.
- Blessed is the man who has some congenial work, some occupation in which he can put his heart, and which affords a complete outlet to all the forces there are in him.
- We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves.
- Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.